Monday, October 24, 2011

Cooking Class

Last night I went to a friend's 40th birthday party.  She and her husband had just finished a major kitchen remodel and she decided after living for years in a house constantly under construction she wanted to have a dinner party as her birthday party.  As part of her party she hired a chef to come in and give a cooking class on making healthy and flavorful foods.

The first recipe we learned to make was a delicious feta tart.  It actually took relatively little effort and the topping choices are endless.  This is a great appetizer that I plan to pull out of my sleeve the next time we go to a party.  The second recipe we learned to make was Moroccan roasted vegetables.  I'm assuming what made it moroccan was the choice of spices we coated the vegetables with.  This recipe also turned out amazing and it is something I plan to add to our menus as the cold fall and winter months drag on here in the NW.  The chef also demonstrated making harissa, which is a hot chili paste, and saffron rice.  I've never seen rice cooked like pasta before but it turned out amazingly good and he had a dried lemon in the water to help flavor it, I didn't even know you could dry lemons.

I didn't think to take any pictures, but know that everything tasted amazing.  I'll take pictures and post them as I make the recipes down the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment